Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Sealed with a Kiss



Well, my little Valentine Tale is finished...all three drafts and submitted with a big smacking kiss. Now starts the waiting...I still can't quite bring myself to talk about this one...other than to say it's like nothing I've ever written before. It's straight contemporary...not a suspense or paranormal element evident. It's also in first person, which made it really up close and personal. And...my biggest deviation, it's got some hot m/m action in it. What's the oddest thing is I've been working on it day and night. My muse has been jumping up and down screaming at me to finish it!

Well Miss Muse...it's done.

I don't know about her, but I need a vacation complete with cabana boys and frou-frou drinks with tiny umbrellas in them.

In my copious free time (snicker) I've been reading Angela Knight's Passionate Ink ...lots of good tips and examples...I even got to use one of them in my latest little tale when I was having trouble with the motivation of one of my characters.

And, despite The Werewolf Whisperer being nearly homeless, it got it's first review. 4.5 hearts from The Romance Studio.

Here's what Maura had to say...

"Serena is very resilient and Jackson very compelling, and I found the community of Eclipse very interesting. There are some very exciting scenes and unusual twists that really make this story work. The author has an unusual and engrossing way of telling a tale."

You can read the entire review here

Maura also expressed an interest in my secondary characters, Jazmin and Mike...well, the good news is that if a new publisher picks up The Werewolf Whisperer, there's three more books planned for the series!

7 comments:

Yolanda Sfetsos said...

Yay, congrats on subbing the V-Day sub and for the great review, too! Good luck with the sub.

So, does this mean you're about to get started on your Vampire Oracle novella now? ;)

Have a cool day!

Karen Erickson said...

Congrats on the V-Day sub - it sounds veddy interesting!!! Yay!! Don't you love it when the muse whips you in the butt continually and you crank that stuff out? I do. LOL

Ha on Yolanda talking about the VO novella. I gotta start mine too. Hahahahahahaha....

Sorry about StarDust. Your book (series!) will find a home, don't worry.

Ericka Scott said...

Yolanda -- yep...tomorrow morning at 9 am sharp when my boys go to preschool, I'll be concentrating on my fanged friends!

Shelli Stevens said...

Yay congrats on the review! That's great, I know it'll find a home!

And good luck on the sub!

Anonymous said...

Good review. Yay on the sub. Do you still get days at the library?

Anonymous said...

congrats on finishing the story YEAH

Yolanda Sfetsos said...

Oh cool! The fanged friends are cool! :D