Public announcement letter: permission granted to post
Dear authors and editors,
After much discussion and negotiation and evaluation, it is with regret that we announce StarDust Press is closing effective September 30, 2007. We are saddened that despite all our efforts, SDP is bleeding, and the investors have decided to cut their losses.
We know that you would all be concerned with this development, so we address all your concerns one by one below.
1. Authors and editors would be paid the royalties/editorial fees due them.
2. All books would be taken off the website and Fictionwise by September 30, 2007.
3. From September 30, 2007 onwards, all rights to the published books revert back to the author, and as such, you can submit them to other publication houses for publication.
4. For unpublished books, you may send to other publication houses as early as now.
5. For authors whose books are currently under edits, we would send you a personal email on the matter.
SDP was established to do legitimate business, however the environment wasn't conducive to its survival. And so, we have no choice but to take this step.
Thank you for all your support and we wish for the best for you all in your endeavors.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reply to this email. Your question may also be the question of the others.
For StarDust Press management
Looks like I'll be looking for a new home for The Werewolf Whisperer...