Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Wild Ghost Chase

"I'd give my paycheck for a cold spot." Monica sighed and propped her chin in her hand.
"Stop saying that. You're driving me nuts." Malcolm, Monica's twin brother, admonished her.
"Well, is it my fault that it's the only line of dialogue Ericka's written for me?"
"No." Malcolm commiserated. "I guess it's mine. She's working on my character worksheet and synopsis. But, if it's any consolation, you're next. Ericka has to get the whole story outlined by the 10th of April so she can participate in the Book In A Month on Main Street at Cobblestone Press."
"Promises, promises." Monica sighed again. "You know, I'd give my paycheck for a cold spot."
Malcolm just grinned.

7 comments:

Erica Ridley said...

Hehehe =)

Lenora Bell said...

Hah! So funny. Now then...what is a cold spot?

Beverley Kendall said...

LOL!!!!

Ericka Scott said...

In this story I'm concocting, Malcolm and Monica are twins. The entire family inherited psychic abilities. . .except Monica. She's the skeptic who uses scientific methods to debunk ghosts. They are part of a reality show touring haunted houses (kindof like Most Haunted without the dramatics). So, Monica is moaning that in all the houses they've been in recently, there's been no cold spots. . . yet. . .

Yolanda Sfetsos said...

Ericka, I love this! Very clever and funny. Gotta love those hot spots, and the skeptics. ;)

I've been doing some ghostly research myself during the last few days...

lacey kaye said...

Clever!

Debra Moore said...

Okay, that's just funny! --Deb