Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Fanlit. . . Forever!

This week, one of the wonderful and talented women I met last fall (Tessa Dare/Eve Ortega) is blogging about her trip to Avon. She won the trip as one of the big prizes of the Avon Fanlit Contest. Eight weeks of total madness (6 chapters, but the first chapter sub/voting period ran for almost 3 weeks) but great fun.

Anyway, she's blogging about things she found out at Avon, information on submissions, queries, publicity, coverart and there's still more to come. So, if you've ever had any interest in submitting to Avon (or any of the large NY publishers), pop over and give her blog a read. http://tessadare.blogspot.com


She's also giving away some great prizes (I'm hoping to win one of today's offerings, This Little Piggy Went to Prada -- to give me a break from reading endless renditions of There's A Nightmare in My Closet).

7 comments:

Cole Reising said...

Thanks for the link! I love little tidbits like this -- you learn so much!

Cole

Ericka Scott said...

Your welcome Cole.
Avon Fanlit was such a big part of how I took up writing erotic romance that I often forget not EVERYONE I know was involved in the contest. Tessa's blogs have been entertaining and informative, so enjoy!

Tempest Knight said...

Oh, thanks for the link!

Beverley Kendall said...

You are so good. I wonder if the next time they do an Avon Fanlit contest, there will be even more than participants than the last time.

Tessa Dare said...

Thanks for the plug, Ericka! I think as far as the FanLit 2006 class goes, you are at the top in terms of what you've achieved in the past 6 months. I'm continually awed by your growing success.

Anonymous said...

I'd love to have This Little Piggy Went to Prada. It sounds like a fun read.

Alice

lacey kaye said...

This was an awesome series!