Saturday, June 28, 2008

Saturday Follies...(ramblings and a review)

It's my first full day without the boys. I cried when they all pulled out of the driveway last night after dinner.

Yesterday, between packing and preparing, I made it to the library and wrote the short synopsis and polished up my query letter for Siren Song. When I got home, I e-queried a few agents (I started with the ones who only wanted a query letter) and in record time, I got my first rejection (sigh). So, I started a database to keep track of all my agent submissions.

This morning, I fired up the computer at 6:30 am (I really am a morning person unless I'm forced to get up) began our weekly software updates. In between loading a service pack and a virus signature update, I typed up a bit of my synopsis.

Then, I checked my e-mail. What a lovely surprise! Another review for To Catch a Casanova. This one is from Willow Rayne at Dark Angel Reviews. My story got 4 Pixies and this is what Willow had to say:

"It had the perfect amount of passion, romance, and 'what ifs' to keep me engaged and eager to find out the ending. Ericka Scott is a wonderful author..."

Click here if you'd like to read the whole review. The link to To Catch a Casanova will go live on 1 July.

Now, I'm back to finishing up the synopsis and writing. Heck, with all the time on my hands, I may even get my newsletter out on time at the end of the month! Wooohooo!

No comments: