Friday, October 2, 2009

Just another frantic Friday!

For those of you who didn't know, my first full-length novel, Crisscross, released yesterday. I'm blogging about it over at The Romance Studio Blog. You can purchase your copy for the sale price of 5.50 at the Write Words, Inc. Website. It's also available at OmniLit, The bookstore on the corner of your digital neighborhood, and should be available at Fictionwise in the next few weeks. I'll post the link when I get notification that it's available.

This week has been a breath of fresh, cooler, air here in the high desert of California. Now that the mornings are cold, it sure is tough to get out of bed unless you are under the age of 6. Kinderboy#1, at the ripe "old" age of six is just beginning to discover the joys of sleeping in. Not so much Kinderboy#2, as he is up with the sun most mornings.

Our trips to the doctor continue, this time with Kinderboy#2's cough. Diagnosis, sinus infection. Treatment, amoxicillin. Yummy, exclaims the ailing youngster. Now, I know there's a fine line between making medicine taste good so that children don't run and hide, but that powdery pink stuff tastes a bit too good in my opinion. But if it helps his cough, I'm all for it. I just need to remember to put it at the back of the top shelf of the fridge as I don't want to tempt fate or little boys...

This weekend, I'll be taking the kids to the movies so that Mr. Scott can get some work done on the programming contest. When I mentioned Zombieland, my husband gave me an odd look, so I guess we're stuck going to see either the Toy Story in 3D double-feature or Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. I'm also trying my hand at smuggling in candy instead of buying the expensive stuff at the snack counter. I feel sorta guilty about it, except that we're going to the "expensive" theater and I'm still going to buy popcorn (lots of it).

So hope you have a fantastic Friday and a great weekend. Think about me on Saturday, I'll be the one sitting in the dark feeling guilty and wishing I was a couple of theaters down the hall watching dead people rise and walk...hey, it IS research, you know! (...wonders if the IRS would let me write off movie tickets as a business expense...)

Ericka

No comments: